Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Toasted Tuna Sandwiches



Are there recipes that remind you of your mom? This is my "memories of mom" recipe. During elementary school and junior high I would walk home for lunch and at least once a week these delicious sandwiches would be waiting for me. I can remember my mom making stacks of them for her 5 kids to gobble up. I don't know why we smear mustard on top, but it's just part of the tradition! I started making these for my husband and have since converted him to the true way to eat a tuna sandwich. These are good with any kind of bread from whole wheat, to white, to sourdough. This recipe is easy to double, triple or even half. Enjoy!

Husband Rating: 4 stars

2 cans (5 oz.) chunk-light tuna
1 1/2 TB mayo
16 slices bread
Butter
Mustard

Drain and flake tuna. Stir in mayo until moist. Spread tuna on bread and make sandwiches. Spread butter on the outside of both slices of bread. On a warm skillet toast sandwiches until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Spread mustard on the top of each sandwich and slice diagonally.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails