Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 26, 2009

Lemon Pork Chops


It's true, I kind of have a thing for lemons. In dinner or dessert I just can't get enough of lemon flavor. I hate how expensive lemons are here in Idaho during the winter, but I always have a stock pile of lemon juice in the fridge. This recipe perfect for a fall day! To get lemon zest I run the peel of a lemon (washed, of course) across the skinniest part of my cheese grater. Buying one lemon will probably get you all the juice you need. If I can't get enough out of the lemon I add a little chicken broth to make up the difference.

Husband Rating: 3 1/2 stars

4 pork chops
2 TB butter
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 TB flour

Sprinkle pork chops with garlic salt and lemon pepper. Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add chops and cook for about 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove to a plate. In the same skillet add lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook and stir (scraping the pan to pull up all the drippings from the meat) until the pan is smooth. Whisk in 1 TB flour to lemon sauce. Pour lemon sauce over pork chops.

The tangy lemon sauce is delicious mixed with red potatoes and carrots. Halve baby carrots and chop red potatoes into quarters. Steam until soft, sprinkle with garlic salt and drizzle with lemon sauce. Mmmm.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails