Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mucho Cucumber Pasta Salad


Summer barbecues are winding down, but I refuse to give up my summer pasta salads. This recipe invention came from 2 things. First, in one of my Albertsons couponing adventures I picked up 4 boxes of Suddenly Salad. I made one plain according to package directions and it was pretty blah. I found the seasoning packet to be a little to strong (salty) and the dehydrated vegetables didn't rock my world. Second, I went to the local farmer's market and bought 4 of the most gigantic delicious cucumbers ever. I was determined to make some amazing cucumber pasta salad creation, and it turned out A+. Using half of the seasoning packet kept the salty flavor away, while adding ranch gave it the perfect ooomph.

Husband Rating: 4 1/2 stars
(as a disclaimer I must note that my husband picked out every dehydrated pea from the pasta package before I put the salad together. He hates peas and wouldn't try it otherwise. Don't worry, there weren't very many:)

1 box Suddenly Pasta Salad Ranch & Bacon Flavor
1/4 cup mayo
3 TB milk
2 TB ranch dressing
2 large cucumbers
2 roma tomatoes
1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded

Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Add pasta and gently boil for 12 minutes, stir occasionally. Meanwhile, in a salad bowl stir together mayo, milk and ranch dressing. Pour in HALF of the seasoning packet included in box. Peel and dice cucumber and stir into mayo mixture. Dice tomatoes and stir in. Shred romaine lettuce and mix in. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and shake to drain. Stir in pasta into salad bowl. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails