Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Reviews: Five Guys & Nanny Diaries


Welcome to Reviews!!

My husband and I enjoy "dinner and a show" at home. Most of the time we'd rather get takeout and a rental then deal with a restaurant and movie theater. Read along as I review favorite restaurants and movies and tv shows.

Restaurant Review: Five Guys
Rating: 5 stars

Five Guys is brand new in town and I am already a big fan. They serve "regular" burgers that have 2 patties, and "little burgers" that only have one. They have a million delicious toppings and they are made to order. If you are a dog kind of person, the kosher dog is divine. The fries are my favorite, crunchy and they taste more like potato than salt. I usually get cheese, lettuce, ketchup, pickles, grilled onions, tomatoes, grilled mushrooms and next time I'm going to be adventurous and try BBQ sauce. Even if they're crowded they are still fast. My favorite part is the price, it's pretty sweet when we can enjoy a dinner out and pay $11. Husband would eat there every night if I let him. Hooray for Five Guys and welcome to town!!

Movie Review: Nanny Diaries
Rating: 1/2 star (cause I felt bad giving it a zero)

The previews made it look cute and laughable, but unfortunately it was neither. Let me preface by saying I got this from Netflix and it took me almost 2 weeks to return it. Yep, that bad. I'd watch a few minutes here and there, but it just didn't grab me. The narration through the movie was irritating, the characters and love-interest boringly predictable and I didn't laugh ONCE. It wasn't trashy or offensive, just lame. Usually after a movie (even if I didn't enjoy it) hubby and I can have an interesting conversation about some points in the movie. Our only point of conversation went like this, "I wonder if Scarlet Johannsen did this movie as a favor to a friend. Is she a bad actress or was the script just awful?" If you want to watch a cute movie about babysitting kids rent "Raising Helen" or go classic with "Marry Poppins."

1 comment:

Court said...

We LOVE Five guys!!! I'm with your husband and could eat there every night. I love how we can feed our family of three for under 13 bucks. All their toppings are fab!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails