Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sammy Burgers


One adventurous day at the grocery store I purchased a can of pink salmon. I know right? Crazy!! On the back it had a list of ways to use it, and thus became my Sammy Burger. First, if you are pregnant or have a light stomach don't open the can! I had to slime through the entire thing to pull out chunks of bone and something brown and slimy. Yes, the burgers were quite delicious, husband ate two, but the process of cleaning out the can was a little ewww. Once I had the bones and clumps out, the salmon was very easy to flake, stir and shape. I just have to warn you, it's not like tuna where you drain and it's ready. I had planned on making these outside on the grill, but I added 2 eggs which made them too delicate they would have fallen through. I used a grill pan on the stove, but once they cooked they got a delicious crispy outer layer. Have fun with fish!!

Husband Rating: 4 1/2 stars

1 can Pink Salmon
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup mayo
1 egg, beaten
1/8 tsp of garlic salt, pepper, ground mustard
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1/4 cup. finely chopped onion
1 tsp. lemon juice

Flake and debone salmon. Stir in bread crumbs, mayo, beaten egg and onion. Add lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper and ground mustard. Shape into 4 large patties and grill until the crispy. Serve on a bun.


I served up the burger with mayo on the bun (tarter sauce would have been good now that I'm thinking about it, or ranch even) lettuce and tomato. I sliced up some divine farmer's market cucumber on the side.



This brand was on sale, that's why I looked at it. It is kind of a little pricey, so watch for deals!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails