Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 11, 2010

Chicken Fingers (with bisquick)


In my latest coupon run to Albertsons I picked up 2 boxes of Bisquick. I've been experimenting with some recipes using Bisquick, and yesterday's dinner was a success. I kind of wish I would have pounded out my chicken a little flatter, I had to add a few minutes to the cooking time. The breading was fantastic and it held on the chicken better than regular bread crumbs. My husband thought they were great, and I will be making them again. He suggested that I make a bunch next time chicken is on sale and freeze them for a quick snack. Mmm, so much yummier than the boxed variety right?

Husband Rating: 5 stars

3 boneless skinless breasts (sliced into long, thin strips)
2 eggs
2/3 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. butter (melted)

Preheat oven to 450. In a ziploc bag combine bisquick, parmesan cheese, garlic salt and paprika. In a small dish beat eggs. Dip each piece of chicken into egg mixture and then place in bag. Close and shake the bag until all the chicken is coated. Layer on a greased baking dish. Bake for 12-14 minutes (mine took 18 since they were fat) or until chicken is no longer pink and breading is golden. Serve with dipping veggies and your favorite dipping sauce like ranch or honey mustard.

post signature

1 comment:

Summaiyah Hyder said...

can i share this recipe on my site - giving you as the source of course.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails