Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 11, 2010

Deep Dish Pizza (with bisquick)


Again, here I am experimenting with Bisquick. Pizza is one of my "clean out the fridge" recipes since I can pile on just about every vegetable that is about it go bad on top and husband will eat it. I usually make my homemade dough from scratch, but I thought bisquick would be a speedy alternative here. I used a 9 inch cake pan for this recipe. I wish I would have gone up the sides higher, since the bottom crust was very thick. Even with the yeast the dough was tough to work with (I added a little milk to mine since it was dry) but it was faster than a dough from scratch. I have a great freezable pizza dough recipe, so I am going to experiment with assembling the pizza, freezing, and then cooking in the oven. I'll get back to you with that recipe when I've perfected it. Until then, enjoy a simple pizza loaded with veggies!

Husband Rating: 3 stars

1 1/2 tsp. yeast
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. warm water
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup cheese
1/4 cup tomato sauce
Topping Ideas: green pepper slivers, olives, mushroom, red onion, pepperoni, sausege, tomatoes, ham, italian seasoning

Dissolve yeast in warm water. In a bowl stir together bisquick, oil and yeast mixture. (Mine was very dry, I added about 1 Tbsp. of milk here). Knead and roll dough until smooth, about 2 minutes. Let dough rise for 5 minutes. Grease a 9 inch cake pan with olive oil. Press dough into pan, going up the sides. Bake dough for 8 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove, and add sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake for 12-14 minutes more, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.

Remember, you can always click on my Recipe Index for a complete list of recipes.

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails