Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lemon Linguine


This pasta is truly heavenly. The linguine is great on it's own, but I like to add some grilled chicken on the side. It's also good with fish, I did a lemon pepper Tilapia last time, mmmm. There are lots of recipes for lemon linguine out there, trust me I've made a lot of them, but this one is the best. Some use lots of olive oil, or cream and one you used the starchy cooking liquid from the noodles to make the sauce. This recipe isn't too heavy, has lemon in every bite and you don't feel like you're just eating oily noodles. It makes a lot, so I usually half the recipe and we still have leftovers (it's even good cold as a pasta salad). Pile on the Parmesan (make sure to get the fancy shredded stuff) and enjoy!

Husband Rating: 5 stars (duh!)

1 lb linguine
4 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced and zested
2 cups sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
3/4 cup. fancy shredded Parmesan cheese
Parsley to garnish

Preheat oven to 375. Cook linguine according to package directions. In a skillet over low heat melt butter. Stir in minced garlic, cook 1-2 minutes. Add lemon juice and olive oil, turn off heat. Add sour scream and stir until smooth and creamy. Sprinkle with lemon zest and salt. Pour in the linguine and stir until combined. Pour creamy linguine into baking dish and bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove lid and bake for 5 minutes more. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.


I got this great little juicer in the $1 bins at Target, it makes juicing the lemon sooo much easier. To get the zest I used a little cheese grater. You can't have too much lemon in my opinion, so I add about 2 Tbsp. of lemon zest to the sauce.


This time I made it I didn't have any linguine noodles, so I used spaghetti. Still delicious! Linguine noodles are flat, so they hold the sauce really well, but they are thinner and easier to eat than fettuccine. You can't go wrong!

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails