Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 29, 2011

For Baby


Baby Zeke was born a month early, so his baby shower ended up being a welcome baby party! Either way, I had fun sewing up these cuties.

I didn't get creative with patterns either, I used tutorials from some of the greats in blogland. I got this adorable (but still boy) fabric at Joann's.



First up, this handsome elephant. I didn't want to sew on buttons because of the choking hazard, but I wish I would have made some cute felt eyes now that I think about it. I used Simplicity pattern 2613 for the elephant. I'll admit, I didn't love the pattern and it was kind overly complicated. Next time I make one, I will just use it for the shape and sew it up more logically, lol.
Note: I use machine washable stuffing, so this guy can go right in the laundry:)


A handsome bib with a felt Z for the little man. I used Homemade by Jill's great Bib Tutorial and printable pattern here. In true Jill fashion, the directions and photos make it simple.

The back side I used a yellow ribbed knit. Jill uses terry cloth, but I had the knit on hand and I love the colors together.

Car seat strap covers- especially for those tiny little heads:) I used Ashley at Make it and Love it's tutorial here. I cut my squares to 5 1/2x 5 1/2 and they fit a graco snugride car seat strap perfectly. I love these:) And again, her directions are so easy to follow.


So there, throw in some baby wipes and I've got a perfect gift for little Zeke. Welcome to the world little man!!

post signature

1 comment:

Deanna said...

We totally read the same blogs, and buy the same patterns. (and yeah...that elephant totally has more logical directions! They must be paid by the word, not the sense.) This cracks me up! Can we be best friends? LOL!

Looks GREAT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails